[comp.mail.mush] Mush 6.5.6

paul@devon.lns.pa.us (Paul Sutcliffe Jr.) (01/08/90)

Dan Heller wrote:
+---------
| I think this message is of somewhat general interest so I'm forwarding
| it to the newsgroup.  I have no familiarity with the tandy-6000 or the
| xenix that runs with it, so maybe someone out there can help.
+---------
I'm answering this using Mush 6.5.6 on a Tandy 6000, so I should be
able to help.  :-)

+---------
| --- Forwarded mail from Tod D. Romo (ecor1 administrator)
|
| When I try to run it and hit ^D, it sends the mail but puts me into the
| shell and tells my I can't "pipe to a command."  I noticed that you
| have an ifdef for 'M_XENIX' in 'curs_io.c' to use a command 'rdchk()'.
| I do not have this in my libraries and cannot find any information on
| it.
+---------
Disclaimer: the following information assumes Tandy Xenix/68k version
3.0 or greater (I'm running version 3.2 development and runtime systems
here).

You *do* have rdchk(); that function is a "Xenix-specific" enhancement,
and as such, isn't in the /lib/libc.a archive -- it's in /lib/libx.a.
Therefore, you need to add a "-lx" to the final cc command line in the
Makefile.  I don't have my Mush sources on-line (hey, I only have 110Mb
of disk space!) so I don't have a list of all the changes I made to get
Mush to compile.  I know I had to use the "-+" cc option (uses 32 char
function/variable names instead of 7) which is only on the 3.2
compiler.  Tod, email me for details.

- paul

--
INTERNET:  paul@devon.lns.pa.us        |      If life's a bitch, then
UUCP:      ...!rutgers!devon!paul      |      we must be her puppies.

argv@island.UUCP (Dan Heller) (01/10/90)

I think this message is of somewhat general interest so I'm forwarding
it to the newsgroup.  I have no familiarity with the tandy-6000 or the
xenix that runs with it, so maybe someone out there can help.

--- Forwarded mail from Tod D. Romo (ecor1 administrator) <uunet!swbatl!ark!texbell!petro!thnkpos!ecor1!todr>

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 89 21:42:35 CST
From: Tod D. Romo (ecor1 administrator) <uunet!ecor1!todr>
To: argv%island@sun.com
Subject: Mush 6.5.6 (soon 7.x) on a Tandy

Mr. Heller,
	I apologize for adding clutter to your probably already cluttered
mailbox, but I felt this wasn't worthy of a "netwide" comp.mail.mush posting.
I am trying to compile Mush (6.5.6) on a Tandy 6000 running Xenix.  I am
compiling as SysV.  Everything appears to be fine, other than a few include
files being missed or looked for in the wrong place.  When I try to run it
and hit ^D, it sends the mail but puts me into the shell and tells my I can't
"pipe to a command."  I noticed that you have an ifdef for 'M_XENIX' in
'curs_io.c' to use a command 'rdchk()'.  I do not have this in my libraries
and cannot find any information on it.  My hunch/hope was that this was the
problem, since in order to compile I commented out that segment.  I would
greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions you have on compiling Mush
for the Tandy or on the function of "rdchk()".  Thank you.
--
							Tod D. Romo
Bitnet: TROMO@TRINITY.BITNET,  TODR%ECOR1.UUCP@RUTGERS.EDU