[comp.mail.mush] Mush and sendmail

miron@fornax.UUCP (Miron Cuperman) (05/27/90)

Possible Mush bug:
I am trying to send to multiple addresses using Mush. For some reason
sendmail tries to send to the addresses I specified, but appends a comma.
When I try the same thing with /usr/ucb/mail it works fine.

The sendmail command generated includes commas.

I am using a Sparc with 4.0.3c.
--
	By me: Miron Cuperman <miron@cs.sfu.ca>

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (05/27/90)

In article <734@fornax.UUCP> miron@fornax.UUCP (Miron Cuperman) writes:
> Possible Mush bug:
> I am trying to send to multiple addresses using Mush. For some reason
> sendmail tries to send to the addresses I specified, but appends a comma.
> When I try the same thing with /usr/ucb/mail it works fine.
>
> The sendmail command generated includes commas.
>
> I am using a Sparc with 4.0.3c.

Unfortunately, Sun changed their default sendmail.cf (sendmail configuration)
file for the latest sunOS incorrectly -- that is, they don't understand
the commas between addresses as it used to.  Therefore, if you are using
these default config files, you must compile mush (mail.c) with -DNO_COMMAS.

--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com