[comp.mail.mush] Anyone glued mush-pc to waffle

efb@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL (Everett Batey) (10/01/90)

Looking for someone to exchange notes with who has connected pc-mush
into waffle 1.63 .. or tried .. Thanks /ev/
--
 +  efb@suned1.nswses.Navy.MIL efb@elroy.JPL.Nasa.Gov  efb@voodoo.bitnet  +
 +  efb@suned1.UUCP | Gold Coast Sun Users | Vta-SB-SLO DECUS |  WA6CRE   +

trier@cwlim.CWRU.EDU (Stephen C. Trier) (10/02/90)

In article <5518@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL> efb@suned1.UUCP (Everett Batey) writes:
>Looking for someone to exchange notes with who has connected pc-mush
>into waffle 1.63 .. or tried .. Thanks /ev/

I've never heard of that being done.  Most UUCP-under-DOS packages are not
flexible enough to allow alternative mailers to function.  On the other hand,
Mush is flexible enough that it can often make up the difference.

If what you are after is news, I've heard stories of people who have written
rnews programs for the UUPC transport used by Mush-PC, but I've never seen
anyone release theirs.  I have one partly written, but it is unlikely that
I will ever finish it.  Maybe if you holler loudly enough on comp.mail.uucp,
an rnews will turn up.

If you are after better mailing capabilities, consider smail/PC, a port of
the Unix smail2.5 smart mailer to MS-DOS.  It does smart mail routing,
system-wide aliases, full-name lookup, and other fun and useful things.
It's entirely free, and available by FTP to wuarchive.wustl.edu or by mail
from me.

If you just want to integrate the two, it may not be overly difficult.
Mush-PC can read a bunch of different mailbox formats if you just change
a couple of #define statements and recompile.  It shouldn't be too difficult
to get Mush and Waffle to speak on the same wavelength, especially if
Waffle is at all Unix-ish.

--
Stephen Trier                              Case Western Reserve University
Work: trier@cwlim.ins.cwru.edu             Information Network Services