[comp.mail.mush] eh? help with reply address mangling8

tsf@opus.telcom.arizona.edu (Ted Frohling) (10/10/90)

In article <2648@naucse.cse.nau.edu> sbw@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Steve Wampler) writes:

>I'm having trouble with mush 7.1.1 mangling some addresses and
>was hoping for suggestions on what I might have set up incorrectly.
>In the list of mail messages, there is (for example), a mail message
>with the display (curses mode):
>
>  11  U  foobar%saab.cna.tek.com@RELAY.CS.NET Oct 3 13:57 (42/1536)  Junk
>
>attempting to reply to this message gives the return address:
>
>	RELAY.CS.NET!saa!foobar

Don't want to say 'me too' but me too!  I was beginning to suspect my
sendmail.cf file but is does return the currectly formatted addresses
from sendmail -bt.

The offending addresses are of the form johngalt%biotec@arizona.edu which
when replied to turn out to be biotec!johngalt@arizona.edu  which is
similar yet different.  I can send mail directly to the johngalt% address
as an original message but no replies?

--
Ted Frohling                         tsf@arizona.edu
The University of Arizona            602.621.4834