[comp.mail.mush] IOT Traps using Picks and Saves

jipping@cs.hope.edu (Mike Jipping) (12/08/90)

Help!

In an effort to organize my mail and process it more efficiently, I
picked up on combinations of "pick" and "save".  So, wanting to save
summaries from Sun-managers, for example, I type

   pick -i -t sun-managers | pick -i -s summary | save ~/mail/sm-summ

and I'll process it as a folder later.  Typing this in "mush" works fine.

However, I use mushtool for 99.999% of my mail processing.  So I defined
a function key to do the above as follows:

 fkey F10 "pick -i -t sun-managers | pick -i -s summary | save ~/mail/sm-summ"

Now the problem.  When I hit F10, I indeed get the summaries saved as
requested, but mushtool CRASHES with "IOT trap" error.

Is this an error?  Did I screw something up in building mush?  Or is this
kind of thing illegal from mushtool?

BTW, I'm using Mush 7.2.0.

Send stuff to me and I'll summarize (I hope).

  -- Mike

      Mike Jipping
      Hope College Department of Computer Science
      jipping@cs.hope.edu  (BITNET: JIPPING@HOPE)

      "Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck
       is watching you."
                                               -- Gary Larson

argv@Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (12/08/90)

In article jipping@cs.hope.edu (Mike Jipping) writes:
>  fkey F10 "pick -i -t sun-managers | pick -i -s summary | save ~/mail/sm-summ"
>
> Is this an error?  Did I screw something up in building mush?  Or is this
> kind of thing illegal from mushtool?
>
> BTW, I'm using Mush 7.2.0.
>
> Send stuff to me and I'll summarize (I hope).

It's hard to know what went wrong since you didn't provide a stack
trace.  There is nothing intrinsically wrong with what you've done.
Unfortunately, I can't test it at the moment.  Bill, Truck? Have
you guys tried this?

--dan