[comp.mail.mush] A couple of small bugs in mush 7.1.2

dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk (Matthew Farwell) (01/14/91)

I've found a couple of bugs in mush 7.1.2, and I thought I may as well
see if anyone has found them before and if any official fixes exist.
I'm running on SCO Xenix 2.3.1 if that makes any difference.

The first is that mush doesn't reset the terminal properly when it doesn't
know what your terminal type is...

>Script started on Mon Jan 14 11:14:23 1991
>dylan-$ stty -a
>speed 9600 baud; line = 0; intr = DEL; quit = ^\; erase = ^H; kill = ^U;
>eof = ^D; eol = ^@; swtch = ^@
>-parenb -parodd cs8 -cstopb hupcl cread -clocal -loblk -ctsflow -rtsflow
>-ignbrk brkint ignpar -parmrk -inpck istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl -iuclc
>ixon ixany -ixoff
>isig icanon -xcase echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh
>opost -olcuc onlcr -ocrnl -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel cr0 nl0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
>
>dylan-$ TERM=du mush -C
>Sorry, I don't know anything about your "du" terminal.
>
>dylan-$ stty -a
>speed 9600 baud; line = 0; intr = DEL; quit = ^\; erase = ^H; kill = ^U;
>eof = ^A; eol = ^@; swtch = ^@
>-parenb -parodd cs8 -cstopb hupcl cread -clocal -loblk -ctsflow -rtsflow
>-ignbrk brkint ignpar -parmrk -inpck istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl -iuclc
>ixon ixany -ixoff
>isig -icanon min = 1 time = 0 -xcase -echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh
>opost -olcuc onlcr -ocrnl -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel cr0 nl0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
Notably, it resets the eof char and leaves icanon and echo turned off.

Number 2 is less serious. Mush sometimes doesn't expand + filenames on the
command line, ie...

>dylan-$ mush -Hf +mbox
>+mbox: No such file or directory

Whereas mush -Hf ~dylan/mail/mbox (which should evaluate to the same thing)
and mush -Cf +mbox works fine.  I don't know whether this is a bug or a
feature, but it looks like a bug to me.  I'm happy to be corrected
though.

Thanks for your time.

Dylan.
--
Matthew J Farwell                 | Email: dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk
The IBM PC User Group, PO Box 360,|        ...!uunet!ukc!ibmpcug!dylan

dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk (Matthew Farwell) (01/16/91)

In article <1991Jan14.113036.5493@ibmpcug.co.uk> dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk (Matthew Farwell) writes:
>Number 2 is less serious. Mush sometimes doesn't expand + filenames on the
>command line, ie...
>
>>dylan-$ mush -Hf +mbox
>>+mbox: No such file or directory
>
>Whereas mush -Hf ~dylan/mail/mbox (which should evaluate to the same thing)
>and mush -Cf +mbox works fine.  I don't know whether this is a bug or a
>feature, but it looks like a bug to me.  I'm happy to be corrected
>though.

Sorry about this. Just found the reason for this particular behaviour.
Its not a bug, it was a mistake in my .mushrc.

Dylan.