From lwv27@lwv27aws.CAS.ORG Wed Jan 30 08:47:11 1991
From: lwv27@chemabs ()
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 1991 08:47:03 EST
Followup: poster
To: lwv27
Subject: test

Why does that From line have empty () at the end?  From some machines I get thos
and from some machines I do not.  Any ideas?
--
Larry W. Virden                 UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27
Same Mbox: BITNET: lwv27@cas    INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu

murray@motto.UUCP (Murray S. Kucherawy) (01/31/91)

lwv27@CAS.BITNET.UUCP writes:
>Why does that From line have empty () at the end? From some machines I get thos
>and from some machines I do not.  Any ideas?

I can think a few possibilities.  Could be that:

	1) Your full name in /etc/passwd is blank
	2) The mush variable "fullname" is set but empty
	3) /etc/passwd is unreadable

Motorola Canada, Ltd.     Communications Division, Toronto      [on work term]
University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada               2B Math/Computer Science
Internet: murray@motto.UUCP (work)       mskucherawy@watmath.UWaterloo.ca (UW)
UUCP:     uunet!utai!lsuc!motto!murray   uunet!watmath!mskucherawy