--

From line generated by mush:

From: adm@DMI.USherb.CA (Luc Bussieres)

Is this a bug or is there a variable to set to correct this ?

I'm using mush 7.2.0 on a sun running sunos 4.1

--
Luc Bussieres ---- Analyste - Dep. de Mathematiques et Informatique
Universite de Sherbrooke

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (02/12/91)

In article <1991Feb11.152036.11825@DMI.USherb.CA> bussiere@DMI.USherb.CA (Luc Bussieres) writes:
> The generated header From is incorrect.  The user id in the address is the first
> (in alphabetic order) alias in the /etc/aliases file for the real user id.

First, Mush doesn't look at /usr/lib/aliases -- the From: line that
Mush generates is the user-id of the account running the program and
the hostname of the value returned by gethostname().  then it either
creates an @-style or !-style address depending on how it was configured.

> From: adm@DMI.USherb.CA (Luc Bussieres)
> Is this a bug or is there a variable to set to correct this ?

If you don't want mush to generate the From: line, define Mush
with -DPICKY_MAILER defined and it will allow sendmail (or whatever
your MTA is) to generate the From: line.

--
Dan Heller
O'Reilly && Associates 		      Zyrcom Inc