[comp.mail.mush] only 998 messages/folder allowed?

khaw@parcplace.com (Mike Khaw) (02/14/91)

I have a log file of outgoing messages that now has over 1000 messages
in it (no flames please, there are various reasons for the log file
being that big).

Mush (7.2.1) refuses to show me more than the first 998 messages and
complains that the folder may be corrupt. However, examining the file's
contents shows that all the messages are perfectly valid.

In how many different places does mush know that a folder can't contain
more than 998 messages (i.e., how hard is it to increase the limit)?

--
Mike Khaw
ParcPlace Systems, Inc., 1550 Plymouth St., Mountain View, CA 94043

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (02/14/91)

In article <khaw.666490443@parcplace.com> khaw@parcplace.com (Mike Khaw) writes:
> Mush (7.2.1) refuses to show me more than the first 998 messages and
> complains that the folder may be corrupt. However, examining the file's
> contents shows that all the messages are perfectly valid.
> In how many different places does mush know that a folder can't contain
> more than 998 messages (i.e., how hard is it to increase the limit)?

Mike -- I'm surprised at you.  You've been using Mush for years and
you don't know how to do this?  Edit your config.h file and change
MAXMSGS to whatever you want (it defaults to 1000).

The warning about the folder possibly being corrupt is not really
valid -- it just means that mush won't let you write it back or
you'd lose mail (which you presumably don't want).

--
Dan Heller
O'Reilly && Associates 		      Zyrcom Inc