[comp.mail.mush] Mush PC

dale@NCoast.ORG (Dale Smith) (12/05/90)

Sorry if this has been posted recently.

Where can I pick up a copy of the latest mush-pc?  I can use
uucp, mail-server or a bbs.  No ftp.

Thanks,
    dale
--
 Dale P. Smith
 dale@ncoast.org

argv@Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (12/08/90)

@OFF

In article <1990Dec4.224744.17044@NCoast.ORG> dale@NCoast.ORG (Dale Smith) writes:
> Sorry if this has been posted recently.

> Where can I pick up a copy of the latest mush-pc?  I can use
> uucp, mail-server or a bbs.  No ftp.

I think seldon!sct@skybridge.SCL.CWRU.Edu should be able to help
you.  You can also try Mike O'Carroll at lmoc@elec-eng.leeds.ac.uk

Others may know -- i'm surprised no one is speaking up as it seems
to be used a lot.  A Mailer server at schaefer@cse.ogi.edu's supports
this ... send mail that has one line that says:

@DOS [address]

Your address is optional -- it depends on whether the address on
the From_ line is accurate (you should know this ahead of time).

--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com

trier@cwlim.INS.CWRU.Edu (Stephen C. Trier) (12/08/90)

OK, since I'm "seldon!sct@skybridge.scl.cwru.edu", I'll speak up.  The
most recent versions of Mush-PC that are released (as far as I know) are
available for FTP from wuarchive.wustl.edu in /mirrors/msdos/uucp and
on WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL in PD1:<MSDOS.UUCP> (or some such).

There's also a version on cse.ogi.edu, but I don't know how up-to-date
it is or even if it's still there.  As for non-FTP copies, I'm willing
to mail them out.  There may be a delay, since I batch requests to run
every week or so.  (It's also exam season, so please be patient!  :-)

I'm just a Mush-PC user, not the author of the port.  Incidentally, Dan,
my domain address is now sct@seldon.clv.oh.us.

--
Stephen Trier                              Case Western Reserve University
Work: trier@cwlim.ins.cwru.edu             Information Network Services

root@mjbtn.JOBSOFT.COM (Mark J. Bailey) (03/22/91)

Hi All,

Some time ago (June or July 1990), I queried about Mush PC (beyond 6.5)
and was told where to get an interim version (port of 7.1 Mush).  Since
then, I sort of guessed that a "next" release of Mush PC (7.2 probably)
may have been released.  Can anyone tell me if that is so (Mike?) and if
so, where it can be picked up from?

Thank you,

Mark.

--
Mark J. Bailey, N4XHX                              _______/====X11====\_______
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37129 |         JobSoft         |