[comp.mail.mush] automatic cc to sender

jgodsil@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Joseph M. Godsil) (05/10/91)

  Ilhan,

   One way to do it is as follows:

  In your "~/.mushrc" file, use the "set record=/dir/home/file" and
 messages you send will be placed in "file" for you automagicly! :-)

 -Joe

--
  Joseph M. Godsil  (jgodsil@ncsa.uiuc.edu)
  Systems Administrator

mrp@polari.UUCP (Christopher Rimple) (05/13/91)

One method I've used to get a "copy" of mail I've sent is to use the Mush
environment variable "metoo".  Put the following line in your .mushrc:

  set metoo

This should copy you on all outgoing mail.

Christopher Rimple             |  mrp@seattle.online.com
Owner, Mad Rabbit Productions  |  "One bad sector can ruin
(206) 783-2584 (voice)         |      your whole day."

daniel@island.COM (Daniel Smith "innovation, not litigation...") (05/15/91)

In <1991May9.104854@ephesus.ncsa.uiuc.edu> idilber@ephesus.ncsa.uiuc.edu (Ilhan Dilber) writes:

> Does anyone know how to set automatic cc on mush, so that all the
> messages mailed out
> are automatically copied to myself?

	Not only that, but I have a folder for every day I send out
messages! :-)

	from my ~/.mushrc:

set this_day='"~/text/mail/outbound/%Y/%M/%N"'
eval -p set record=$this_day
cmd	today	'echo going to mail sent out today... ; fo $record'

	So, I would find all of the messages I sent today in:

	~/text/mail/outbound/1991/May/14

	You do need to remember to create the intervening directories every
month....

				Daniel
--
daniel@island.com       Daniel Smith, Island Graphics, (415) 491 0765 x 250(w)