[comp.mail.mush] using mush for replies in nn

garym@telesoft.com (Gary Morris @wayward) (06/05/91)

I saw a few articles in this newsgroups recently telling how to setup nn
so that when you reply by mail to news articles nn would invoke mush.
Unfortunately, these articles got expired before I had a chance to save
them, could some kind person email me the details (or the articles) on
doing this?

Thanks!
--GaryM
--
Gary Morris                       Internet: garym@telesoft.com
KK6YB (was N5QWC)                 UUCP:     ucsd!telesoft!garym

garym@telesoft.com (Gary Morris @wayward) (06/11/91)

In a recent article I wrote:
> I saw a few articles in this newsgroups recently telling how to setup nn
> so that when you reply by mail to news articles nn would invoke mush.
> Unfortunately, these articles got expired before I had a chance to save
> them, could some kind person email me the details (or the articles) on
> doing this?

I received a copy of the articles that have the details on how to set
this up from Nino Margetic <nino@mph.sm.ucl.ac.uk> but found that it
didn't work for me at all, mail never got sent.  I also sent a copy of
the articles to someone else who had also missed the article and it
didn't work for him either.  Today I upgraded from mush 7.0.3 to mush
7.2.2 and all of a sudden this script started working.  So if you tried
to get nn to use mush for replying and had problems, check and see if
you have the latest version of mush.

On the other hand, if all you want it to get a file copy of any nn mail
replies you send, check out the "mail-record" variable in nn.  This may
be a simpler solution if this is all you wanted.

Here's the details on setting up mush to work with nn (summarized by me
from the articles by Bill Petro and Bart Schaefer):

In your nn init file (probably ~/.nn/init) put these lines:

# change /user/garym/bin to the path where you put the Nnmush script...
set mailer /user/garym/bin/Nnmush
set mailer-pipe-input

In your ~/bin directory, place the Nnmush script:

#! /bin/csh -f
# change /usr/local/bin to whatever your path to mush is ...
/usr/local/bin/mush -send -draft - >& /dev/null
exit

That's it.  Works fine now, thanks everybody.
--GaryM