[comp.soft-sys.andrew] YA ELI distribution

bobg+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Robert Steven Glickstein) (05/17/89)

In the You-Can't-Please-Everybody-All-Of-The-Time-Department:

Yet Another ELI distribution is available for anonymous ftp from
expo.lcs.mit.edu (Internet 18.30.0.212) in the file
"/contrib/eli-dist.tar".  The difference between this distribution and
the one that was there yesterday is that now you have a choice between
troff and PostScript to use in generating the ELI documentation.  From
yesterday's announcement:

> Excerpts from: 15-May-89 New ELI-only distribution

> This new copy of the ELI sources and documents has all Andrew
> dependencies removed, and should eliminate the need for you to hack up
> the sources and Makefiles.  You should be able to build it on a vanilla
> Unix system simply by extracting the files with tar and typing "make".

> If you are unable to retrieve this distribution via ftp, send me a note
> and, after I've queued up some requests, I'll mail a compressed,
> uuencoded, split copy of the distribution to you.

> This distribution is for those who wish not to bother with the canonical
> distribution of ELI, that is to say the one that comes with the rest of
> the Andrew sources on the XV11r3 distribution (also available from
> expo.lcs.mit.edu).  Comments, queries and discussion regarding ELI and
> its possible successor, ELSIE (an embedded Scheme interpreter) belongs
> on the Unix newsgroup comp.soft-sys.andrew, or the Internet mailing list
> info-andrew (subscribe by sending mail to
> info-andrew-request@andrew.cmu.edu).

Enjoy!

                  Bob Glickstein (bobg@andrew.cmu.edu)
                      Information Technology Center