[comp.soft-sys.andrew] fixes and raster conversion

jr+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Jonathan Rosenberg) (02/21/90)

From: cs.utexas.edu!uwm.edu!bionet!hayes!wisner@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
(Bill Wisner)
Subject: fixes and raster conversion
To: info-andrew@andrew.cmu.edu

> Where do I get the official fixes to ATK?

I'll let someone else answer this one.

> And are there any tools to convert Andrew-format rasters to and from
> other formats?

The Andrew contribution to the X tape includes a Raster Graphics
Toolkit, which was done as part of the NSF-funded EXPRES project.  The
RG Toolkit provides support for converting among a number of raster
formats:

    Amiga Interchange File Format (IFF)
    Andrew (ATK) Raster Format
    CompuServe's Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
    Group 3 Facsimile Encoding (CCITT Recommendation T.4)
    Group 4 Facsimile Encoding (CCITT Recommendation T.6)
    MacPaint Document Format
    ODA Bitmap Format
    Portable BitMap Format (PBM)
    Postscript (Output format only)
    Sun Raster Format
    X Bitmap Format

The RG Tool Kit can be found under the Andrew Toolkit contribution
directory in "oda/raster".  The installation directions are in
"oda/doc/install.txt" (maybe "install.doc", I forget).  Complete
documentation for the RG Toolkit is available (for a small charge to
cover costs)  from the ITC by sending mail:

ODA Tool Kit
ITC
Carnegie Mellon University
4910 Forbes Ave.