[comp.soft-sys.andrew] ADEW, MOTIF menus, documentation, handling color rasters.

yy@ISSUN3.STC.NL (Yanis Yeorgaroudakis) (03/20/90)

I have resenly installed andrew/R4 on a SPARC station. It has generally
compiled ok, with rather minor problems. A great improvement since the
last version. One problem is that ADEW seems to be missing.  Could you
please inform me where can I get it from?

I want to order a copy of the documentation. I do have the address
where I can request it from but I need the cost in order to prepare a
purchase request form. Who can provide me with this cost?

I want to use color rasters with the raster editor. It seems that it is
not currently supported. Is this right? Is there any site that has done
work on this subject?

I am using the motif window manager. But I want to have the look and
feel of the motif menus. Is the cmenu the directory that I need to
modify? Shall I make any modifications in the menulist object? Has
anybody reported work on this subject?

With the previous version, I was used to the distribution list of all
messages to info and bug accounts. I have currently changed site. If
this e-mail list is still active, is it possible to add my address to
it please?

Best Regards,

Yannis Yeorgaroudakis
SHAPE Technical Centre.

tpn+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Tom Neuendorffer) (03/21/90)

Excerpts from mail: 20-Mar-90 ADEW, MOTIF menus, document.. Yanis
Yeorgaroudakis@iss (1146)

> I have resenly installed andrew/R4 on a SPARC station. It has generally
> compiled ok, with rather minor problems. A great improvement since the
> last version. One problem is that ADEW seems to be missing.  Could you
> please inform me where can I get it from?

Adew is summation of the value, lset, and  controllers directorys. It
will all be made if you define MK_AUTHORING in your site.h file.

> I want to order a copy of the documentation. I do have the address
> where I can request it from but I need the cost in order to prepare a
> purchase request form. Who can provide me with this cost?
> With the previous version, I was used to the distribution list of all
> messages to info and bug accounts. I have currently changed site. If
> this e-mail list is still active, is it possible to add my address to
> it please?

Send mail to info-andrew-request@andrew.cmu.edu for information on
documentation and to subscribe to the mailing-lists.

> I want to use color rasters with the raster editor. It seems that it is
> not currently supported. Is this right? Is there any site that has done
> work on this subject?

Color rasters are not currently supported, though we are currently
looking into expanding our underlieing color support to make them
possible under ATK. If other sites are working on this problem, we would
be interested in talking to them.

> I am using the motif window manager. But I want to have the look and
> feel of the motif menus. Is the cmenu the directory that I need to
> modify? Shall I make any modifications in the menulist object? Has
> anybody reported work on this subject?

I am currently trying to find out more about some work that has been
done in this area ( Alberto, are you out there?) . The whole issue of
Motif look-and-feel involves more than just the menus. Again, other
sites who are working in this area are invited to send me mail. Color
and Motif look-and-feel are issues that I hope to see discussed at the
upcoming ATK User Group meeting.

	Tom Neuendorffer
	tpn@andrew.cmu.edu
	Andrew Toolkit Group
	Information Technology Center

.[An Andrew ToolKit view (an animated drawing) was included here, but
could not be displayed.]