[comp.soft-sys.andrew] SUN OS 4.1

zaumen@NISC.SRI.COM (Bill Zaumen) (11/13/90)

    We are about to go to release 4.1 from 4.0.3 using SUN-4 hardware.
Apparently there are or were some difficulties in getting andrew to
run on this configuration.  Do you know if andrew will now run on
release 4.1 and/or how hard it is to port it?

Thanks for your help!

Bill

gk5g+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Gary Keim) (11/14/90)

Excerpts from misc: 12-Nov-90 SUN OS 4.1 Bill Zaumen@NISC.SRI.COM (281)

>     We are about to go to release 4.1 from 4.0.3 using SUN-4 hardware.
> Apparently there are or were some difficulties in getting andrew to
> run on this configuration.  Do you know if andrew will now run on
> release 4.1 and/or how hard it is to port it?

Andrew will compile in a much more clean fashion on that platform as of
the next patch (PL#8).

datri@convex.com (Anthony A. Datri) (11/16/90)

>    We are about to go to release 4.1 from 4.0.3 using SUN-4 hardware.
>Apparently there are or were some difficulties in getting andrew to
>run on this configuration.  Do you know if andrew will now run on
>release 4.1 and/or how hard it is to port it?

The ATK tree that I built under 4.0.3 *runs* just fine under 4.1; I've
not tried to rebuild it. (this is in a Sun 3)

--

datri@convex.com

cross@eng.umd.edu (Chris P. Ross) (11/17/90)

In article <sbE4SnO00VsWI766p8@andrew.cmu.edu>, gk5g+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Gary Keim) writes:
> Excerpts from misc: 12-Nov-90 SUN OS 4.1 Bill Zaumen@NISC.SRI.COM (281)
>
> >     We are about to go to release 4.1 from 4.0.3 using SUN-4 hardware.
> > Apparently there are or were some difficulties in getting andrew to
> > run on this configuration.  Do you know if andrew will now run on
> > release 4.1 and/or how hard it is to port it?
>
> Andrew will compile in a much more clean fashion on that platform as of
> the next patch (PL#8).

  Does anyone have any idea when this release is due out?  I've been trying to
get Patch level 007 to compile on a Sun4 SunOS 4.1, and can't for the life of
me.  I'd GREATLY appriciate knowing when the next patch is available...  Thank
you...

                                          - Chris Ross
                                           cross@eng.umd.edu

gk5g+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Gary Keim) (11/20/90)

Excerpts from misc: 17-Nov-90 Re: SUN OS 4.1 Chris P. Ross@mimsy.umd. (896)

> Does anyone have any idea when this release is due out?  I've been trying to
> get Patch level 007 to compile on a Sun4 SunOS 4.1, and can't for the life of
> me.  I'd GREATLY appriciate knowing when the next patch is available...  Thank
> you...

We are shooting for the end of this month.
.