[comp.sw.components] rcs

jobrien@nixbur.UUCP (John O'Brien) (12/05/89)

Our system is considering going to rcs (Revision Control System) for
source code control.  The big problem at this point is that the only
documentation we have at this point is the "man" pages, which are just
a start, and don't really cover the concepts, details, or provide a
tutorial.  Could somebody, anybody out there point me to some good doc-
umentation on rcs?

				John F. O'Brien

ron@woan.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S. Woan) (12/11/89)

In article <712@nixbur.UUCP>, jobrien@nixbur.UUCP (John O'Brien) writes:

> Our system is considering going to rcs (Revision Control System) for
> source code control.  The big problem at this point is that the only
> documentation we have at this point is the "man" pages, which are
> just a start, and don't really cover the concepts, details, or
> provide a tutorial.  Could somebody, anybody out there point me to
> some good doc- umentation on rcs?

The RCS source, that I pulled from one of the archives (probably
gatekeeper.dec.com) had a nice tutorial that I could probably send you
if you can't find it. A much shorter tutorial can be found in the BSD
4.3 Unix Programmer's Manual Supplementary Documents 1.

						Ron

+ Ronald S. Woan  (IBM VNET)WOAN AT AUSTIN, (AUSTIN)ron@woan.austin.ibm.com +
+ outside of IBM       @cs.utexas.edu:ibmchs!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron +
+ last resort                                        woan@peyote.cactus.org +