[alt.msdos.programmer] Need ansi.sys manual

dzoey@umd5.umd.edu (Joe Herman) (08/13/89)

Does anyone know of any manual or book that covers the strings
ANSI.SYS responds to under DOS 4.0?  Ideally it would be about
the PCDOS version since that has the /L option which Microsoft
says doesn't exist under MSDOS.  I'm not picky though,  I'll
take any recommendation about a book or manual that covers ANSI.SYS.

			Advthanksance
			Joe Herman

dzoey@terminus.umd.edu

--
"Everything is wonderful until you know something about it."

harper@artemis.uucp (David Harper) (08/15/89)

In article <5206@umd5.umd.edu> dzoey@umd5.umd.edu (Joe Herman) writes:
>Does anyone know of any manual or book that covers the strings
>ANSI.SYS responds to under DOS 4.0?  Ideally it would be about
>the PCDOS version since that has the /L option which Microsoft
>says doesn't exist under MSDOS.  I'm not picky though,  I'll
>take any recommendation about a book or manual that covers ANSI.SYS.

One book that I have used for a few years is the MS-DOS Power User's Guide
by Jonathan Kamin (pub: SYBEX).  All of Appendix B is devoted to the ANSI
escape sequences and how to use them.  Obviously, the version that I have
predates DOS 4.0 but there might be a newer edition of the book out by now.

Dave Harper    -     Convex Computer Corp.            E-mail address:
3000 Waterview Pky.  Richardson, TX 75081             harper@convex.COM
(214) 497-4525 (W)   (214) 727-4206 (H)