[alt.msdos.programmer] QRAM - Anyone have any experience with it?

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (01/02/90)

In article <699@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> legg@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au (Christian Legg) writes:

>  Does anyone out there have any experience with a package called QRAM, from
>Quarterdeck? It is a high memory loader program that supposedly works with
>any IBM or compatible (PC upwards).

I don't have any experience with it, but would guess from the ads that it
works by permanently mapping EMS pages to gaps in high memory.  If my guess
is right, then it'll only work with EMS boards with spare mapping registers.

Can anyone tell me how to determine how many mapping registers my EMS board
has?  (It's the XT board from Boca Research, and is LIM 4.0 compatible,
but can't run Desqview.)

Duncan Murdoch