[alt.msdos.programmer] Port in ms/c

wcwang@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bill Wang) (01/02/90)

Does anyone know how to get access to data ports in microsoft c,
The equivlent of Turbo Pascal or C's Port Array?  Thanks in advance.

Bill Wang
US Mail = Psychology Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
UUCP  = {rutgers, att, ames}!iuvax!wcwang
Internet = wcwang@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

--

norsk@sequent.UUCP (Doug Thompson) (01/03/90)

In article <32255@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> wcwang@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bill Wang) writes:
>Does anyone know how to get access to data ports in microsoft c,
>The equivlent of Turbo Pascal or C's Port Array?  Thanks in advance.

MSC 5.1 has an optimizer switch that generates in-line IN and OUT instructions. Without the
switch, the compiler generates calls to functions to do the work. I believe the
declarations are (manual at home):

	int inb(int port);
	void outb( int port, char value);

>Bill Wang
>US Mail = Psychology Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
>UUCP  = {rutgers, att, ames}!iuvax!wcwang
>Internet = wcwang@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

--
Douglas Thompson		UUCP: ..{tektronix,ogicse,uunet}!sequent!norsk
Sequent Computer Systems	Phone: (503) 526-5727

fredex@cg-atla.UUCP (Fred Smith) (01/04/90)

In article <32255@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> wcwang@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bill Wang) writes:
>Does anyone know how to get access to data ports in microsoft c,
>The equivlent of Turbo Pascal or C's Port Array?  Thanks in advance.
>
>Bill Wang

Yes, this one is easy.

Look in the manual for the pages on inp, inpw, outp, and outpw. These
four routines provide interludes to the machine's port input and output
instructions.

Fred