minutes by altering the run-time library. The snag is that the run-time
library source code costs #200.00 in the UK (it's only $150.00 in the USA,
which at the current exchange rate is #93.00, giving Borland UK a profit of
#107.00).
Does anybody know of any other way to do this? It seems a bit much to expect
someone to pay #200.00 just to change the size of one array!
Any help would be gratefully received.

P.S. This is a private enquiry and has nothing to do with my work!

From /usr/local/bin/postnews on Tue. 02 Jan, 1990 12:00:48 PM
Subject: More than 15 files (again!)
Newsgroups: alt.msdos.programmer,comp.sys.ibm.pc

Many thanks to all those people who answered my earlier posting on how to
open more than 15 files at a time. I am pleased to say that I have partially
solved the problem in as much as I could open as many files as I like if only
my compiler would let me (Turbo C 1.5). It's easy enough to get the compiler
to let me use more than 15 files when using open, read, write, close etc, but
in order to be able to do the same with the much more civilized fopen, fclose
etc stream routines I need to increase the size of the stream array. A
phone call to Borland confirmed my belief that this could be achieved in 5
minutes by altering the run-time library. The snag - v1.5's run-time
library is no longer available, so I would need to upgrage to v2.0 (which I
don't really need) and then buy the run-time library source code for
#200.00!!!
Does anybody know of any other way to do this? It seems a bit much to expect
someone to pay #200.00 just to change the size of one array!
Any help would be gratefully received.

P.S. This is a private enquiry and has nothing to do with my work!

From /usr/local/bin/postnews on Wed. 03 Jan, 1990 04:41:47 PM
Newsgroups: alt.smsdos.programmer,copmp.sys.ibm.pc

What? No silicon heaven? Ludicrous! Where would all the calculators go?
Brian Lloyd,                           # Via e-mail : blloyd@axion.bt.co.uk
RT3152, Rm G44, SSTF,                  # Via Packet : G1NNA @ GB7NNA.GBR.EU
British Telecom Research Labs,         # By Phone   : +44 (0)473 646650
Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, Suffolk. IP5 7RE