[alt.msdos.programmer] Class Use of Corewars

bdn@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Bryan D. Nehl) (03/05/90)

In article <6{+#C1+@rpi.edu> hiebeler@cs.rpi.edu (Dave Hiebeler) writes:
>In article <6709@cps3xx.UUCP> reid@cpswh.cps.msu.edu (Dr Richard J. Reid) writes:
>> Have you used Corewars (Scientific American thread) or
>> anything like it in your classes?  That is, a competition
>> among the students where their programs compete one-on-one.
>  There was another program called "C-bots" where you write C programs
>that control little "robots" moving around in 2 dimensions (so you can
>watch them on the screen).  (By "robots" I don't mean physical robots,
>just simulated robots).  You write your program to control movement of
>these robots, and monitor their sensors; the objective is to have your
>robot "kill" (by shooting at) other robots moving around.

>Dave Hiebeler / Computer Science Dept. / Amos Eaton Bldg. /
>Internet (preferred): hiebeler@turing.cs.rpi.edu   Bitnet: userF3JL@rpitsmts

Now my question is: "How would one go about writing such a program?"
Would you have to write each one as a tsr?  Then they could possibly
interact through the registers...saving positions of robots and "bullets"
in the registers?  If anyone has source please let me know, or if it is
small enough post it.

Bryan.
/* ========== kodiak%kodiakpc.uucp@phobos.cis.ksu.edu =============+
[   Big Bad Bear Beasties Inc.    ][   Bryan Nehl                  ]
[   kodiak@ksuvm.ksu.edu          ][   bdn@phobos.cis.ksu.edu      ]
+___ ...!{rutgers|texbell}!ksuvax1!phobos.cis.ksu.edu!bdn   _____ */