[alt.msdos.programmer] More TC debugger oddness

burleigh@ogre (Frank Burleigh) (09/12/90)

In <1990Sep11.153538.23435@sj.ate.slb.com> poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) writes:

[...about the patch file, see below]

>In article <4866@cica.cica.indiana.edu> I wrote...in part:
>> [about a problem with project files]

Thanks to all who wrote publically and privately about the patches
in file tcppt1.zip on Cumpuserve, on Simtel20, and on Borland's BBS
(408-439-9181).  That did indeed seem to clear the project file
problem.

I had also asked about deleting an item from a history list.  One
responder reminded me of the "Clear desktop" item on the System
menu, which clears *all* history lists.

The other problems I mentioned were not addressed in the patches
or by any netter.

Two other items I've just discovered:

1. getdfree() does not store 0xFFFF in the sclus element of the
dfree struct, but something above 0xFxxx.  DOS provides the return
value, not getdfree().  This is contrary to the documentation.

2. Earlier today I tried to evaluate 'c' in:

    int handle_mouse()
    {
        int i,j,k,left,r,c,s,e;
        unsigned key;

        msstatus(&k,&r,&c);
    }

where msstatus() is:

    void msstatus(int *,int *,int *);

and always get back from evaluate:

    .zdisplay.calc_col_widths

which is the function that immedately follows handle_mouse() in
the source file.  Inspect shows 'c' to be a far function.

Makes debugging a little interesting.:-)

Any ideas on this?

--
Frank Burleigh  burleigh@cica.cica.indiana.edu
USENET: ...rutgers!iuvax!cica!burleigh BITNET: BURLEIGH@IUBACS.BITNET