[alt.msdos.programmer] redirecting stderr: can it be done?

drstrip@intvax.UUCP (David R. Strip) (05/08/91)

Is there anyway to capture output on stderr from
an application? The unix-ism of >& does not
work on ms-dos. Barring an actual redirect
operator, can someone point me to a pd program
to capture all screen output from an app. For
what its worth, the app is compiled in Turbo-C
if that makes a difference.

Thanks
strip
drstrip@cs.sandia.gov (don't trust the reply field.)

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (05/11/91)

drstrip@intvax.UUCP [really drstrip@cs.sandia.gov] (David R. Strip) writes:
>Is there anyway to capture output on stderr from
>an application? The unix-ism of >& does not
>work on ms-dos. Barring an actual redirect
>operator, can someone point me to a pd program
>to capture all screen output from an app. For
>what its worth, the app is compiled in Turbo-C
>if that makes a difference.

WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [192.88.110.20]

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>
 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
RDSTDERR.ARC  B    6295  880306  Redirect STDERR to a file, with src
REDIR.ZIP     B    7951  900803  Combines STDERR with STDOUT for redirection

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives  -  [192.88.110.20]