[comp.realtime] real time os for MIPS processors

sohail@savax.UUCP (Sohail Hussain) (06/07/89)

Are there any realtime operating systems available for
the MIPS processors?

sohail
--
Sohail Hussain						 sohail@sanders.com
Sanders, A Lockheed Company,				decvax!savax!sohail

scarter@gryphon.COM (Scott Carter) (06/08/89)

In article <1010@savax.UUCP> sohail@savax.UUCP (Sohail Hussain) writes:

>Are there any realtime operating systems available for
>the MIPS processors?
>
>sohail

Ready Systems is working on a VRTX/ARTX for the R2000/R3000.  I don't know
if it's available yet - I think not.  Netiquette requires me to refrain from
expressing my opinion of this product.

Mips and Verdix are in beta now I think on an embedded target version of
Verdix Ada for the Mips, if an Ada tasking environment meets your definition of
"realtime operating system".

We and several other DoD contractors are working on embedded R3000 environments.
While generally intended to be bundled with HW, for the right price they could
be unbundled.

I've talked to Mips and SGI (realtime OS for the 4D multiprocessors) and I hear
lots about "looking into it" but little commitment.  Any further info on this
topic I too would like to know about.

Scott Carter
MDESC Military Processors Directorate
(714)-896-3097