[comp.realtime] ORKID draft via FTP or archive-server

lewis@bevsun.bev.lbl.gov (Steve Lewis) (07/08/89)

Wind River Systems has informed us that future versions of the kernel
supplied with their VxWorks product will conform to the ORKID standard.

Can anyone supply a reference to a working draft of it?

Steve Lewis
Project Leader, Bevalac Controls
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory

jerry@wrs.wrs.com (Jerry Fiddler) (07/11/89)

In article <2964@helios.ee.lbl.gov> lewis@bevsun.bev.lbl.gov (Steve Lewis) writes:
>Wind River Systems has informed us that future versions of the kernel
>supplied with their VxWorks product will conform to the ORKID standard.
>
>Can anyone supply a reference to a working draft of it?
>
>Steve Lewis
>Project Leader, Bevalac Controls
>Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory

Copies of the spec are available in hardcopy only, as far as I know.

The public version will not be available until the end of July.  At that time
only interested parties willing to comment on the draft will be given
copies.  The comments will be due in early September for the commitee's
consideration.

For more info, or to get the spec, contact:

	VITA
	Attn: Zulton Hunor
	PO Box 192,
	NL 5300 AD Zaltbommel,
	The Netherlands

	Tel: *.31.4180.14661, FAX: *.31.4180.15115

Sorry to make you call many miles and time zones, but the committee is
insisting that only they distribute the spec, in order to control who has
what version, etc.

All of this is third hand info, so someone please correct in misinfo contained
herein.

--
Jerry Fiddler
Wind River Systems

drk@athena.mit.edu (David R Kohr) (07/11/89)

In article <659@wrs.wrs.com> jerry@wrs.UUCP (Jerry Fiddler) writes:
>In article <2964@helios.ee.lbl.gov> lewis@bevsun.bev.lbl.gov (Steve Lewis) writes:
>>Wind River Systems has informed us that future versions of the kernel
>>supplied with their VxWorks product will conform to the ORKID standard.

Could someone please enlighten the unenlightened (namely, me) as to
just what this ORKID standard is.  I'm fairly new to real-time systems
design, and I've never heard of this beast before.  Also, could someone
provide me with a capsule summary of what Wind River Systems' VxWorks
product is.  I'm currently writing code for the pSOS real-time 680x0
system kernel, and would like to find out a little bit about what other
real-time kernels are out there.

Thanks,

		David R. Kohr, M.I.T. Lincoln Laboratory
	email:	KOHR@LL.LL.MIT.EDU (preferred) OR drk@athena.mit.edu
	phone:	(617)981-0775 (work), (617)527-3908 (home)