[comp.realtime] IEE488/Unix

jtwarden@pawl.rpi.edu (Joseph T. Warden) (07/20/89)

In article <357@tropix.UUCP> twb@tropix.UUCP (Thomas W. Banister) writes:

>  I have been working on implementing IEEE488 (GPIB) communications on a VME
>based computer running Unix SysV. I would greatly appreciate
>hearing about any successful implementation of IEEE488 communications on a
>similiar system.
>
>  					Many Thanks,
>					Tom Banister
>					...!rochester!tropix!coconut!twb

We have a PDP11/23 running BSD 2.9 (using the rtp() hooks in the kernel) that
serves as the data collection host for a number of instruments. The lab
has a Tektronix 7912 transient digitizer that only converses via the
GPIB interface. Since we have a suite of data collection/analysis
programs in the unix environment, it would be useful to interface this
machine with the 11/23 (we do have the board). I also would be interested
in knowing the availability of a driver (preferably PD) for the DEC
Q-bus IEEE-488 board.

Thanks,
Joseph Warden
Internet: jtwarden@pawl.rpi.edu