[comp.realtime] Source for VME/Multibus boards

aras@ecerl3.ncsu.edu (09/11/89)

We are working on an autonomous mobile robot project in the Robotics and
Intelligent Systems Lab. The computer system for this project will be
based on several processors. Right now, we are examining various
possible systems including the VME, Multibus and a custom design based
on PC/386 boards.

IS there a good source for finding specs, prices on these boards, cages
etc. And any good sources on real-time kernels for these? Any help will
be greatly appreciated.

Caglan M. Aras                      | cma@csl.ncsu.edu     | "Engineers are
N.C State Univ.                     | aras@eceris.ncsu.edu |  better by
ECE Dept. Robotics & Int Syst. Lab. |                      |  design"

linimon@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Mark Linimon) (09/13/89)

In article <3921@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> aras@ecerl3.UUCP () writes:
>IS there a good source for finding specs, prices on [VMEbus/Multibus] boards,
>cages etc. And any good sources on real-time kernels for these? Any help will
>be greatly appreciated.

Control Engineering magazine publishes a set of Buyers' Guides, one each
for Multibus, STD Bus, VMEbus, Multibus II, IBM PC bus, and Q-Bus.

Control Engineering Microcomputer Interface Group
Box 5080
Des Plaines, IL 60017-5080
1-800-992-4447 except Illinois, 1-800-348-8324

Note: all the bus names are trademarks of the varying manufacturer's groups.

The VMEbus manufacturer's group is
VITA
Suite E
10229 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253
602-951-8866

I think they moved a few weeks ago into a suite down the block; but this
should be sufficient.

Their "VMEbus Compatible Products Directory" is reasonably definitive.
They also have copies of the bus spec; and a software directory.

Disclaimer: we advertise in both but offer no claims otherwise.
Further disclaimer: I don't speak for Mizar, anyway.

Mark Linimon
Software Engineer
Mizar, Inc.
attctc!mizarvme!linimon