[comp.realtime] rmx users

apollo@ecf.utoronto.ca (Vince Pugliese) (09/16/89)

i am very interested in polling the readers of this group if any of you
are users of rmx, intel's realtime os. it would probably be best if those
who are working with this particular os could get in touch with me and then i
can pass these names along to others so that we can commiserate. any takers
                                        apollo@ecf.toronto.edu
                                        vince pugliese

tneff@bfmny0.UU.NET (Tom Neff) (09/16/89)

There are Intel iRMX users out here all right.  You don't hear from
us very much because the damn thing works.  Beware much discussed
OS's! :-)
--
'We have luck only with women --    \\\     Tom Neff
          not spacecraft!'         *-((O    tneff@bfmny0.UU.NET

hmp@cive.ri.cmu.edu (Henning Pangels) (09/16/89)

In article <14681@bfmny0.UU.NET>, tneff@bfmny0.UU.NET (Tom Neff) writes:
> There are Intel iRMX users out here all right.  You don't hear from
> us very much because the damn thing works.  Beware much discussed
> OS's! :-)

	Actually, the reason you don't hear much from the RMX users is that they
are too busy writing utilities that are provided in other environments. I've
been there. In addition, RMX has this tendency to not be very compatible (at
least in a networking sense) with the rest of the world, so there isn't much
point in its users talking to anyone but each other :-)

Seriously, though, RMX is a very solid, reliable real-time OS. One thing
that can be said is that once you know where to look in the 6+ volumes of
documentation, you'll find what you need. I just wish the development
process wasn't so cumbersome.

--
Henning Pangels                                   Field Robotics Center
ARPAnet/Internet: hmp@cive.ri.cmu.edu             Robotics Institute