[comp.realtime] VRTX vs. VxWorks

jsl@sol.ge.com (08/01/90)

	Our company is currently considering VRTX32 and VxWorks as the
operating system of choice for our new products. We will be doing
development from either the sun3 or sun4 workstations. The target
machine will be either the 68030 or 68040 and the product software
will be very realtime intensive. I am looking for discussion on the
pros and cons of each. Also of any know bugs, supporting tools, ect.

Jim Lehouillier
G.E. Medical Systems
Ultrasound Software Engineer
uunet!crdgw1!gemed!lehouillierJ
sun!sunbrew!gemed!lehouillierJ

softcomp@practic.UUCP (Software Components Group) (08/07/90)

In article <2866@mrsvr.UUCP> jsl@sol.ge.com () writes:

>	Our company is currently considering VRTX32 and VxWorks as the
>operating system of choice for our new products. We will be doing
>development from either the sun3 or sun4 workstations. The target
>machine will be either the 68030 or 68040 and the product software
>will be very realtime intensive. I am looking for discussion on the
>pros and cons of each. Also of any know bugs, supporting tools, ect.
>
>Jim Lehouillier
>G.E. Medical Systems
>Ultrasound Software Engineer

I suggest you look at a third alternative which is pSOS+, XRAY+, etc. from
Software Components Group.  Of course I am biased since I work for SCG, but
I believe we offer many advantages over Ready Systems and Wind River.  If you
call us at (408) 437-0700, we would be happy to discuss the pros and cons of our solutions versus our competitors, or we can simply send you technical
information and you can do your own analysis.

In either case, give us a look.