[comp.realtime] configuring g++ for VxWorks

tsai@venus.ral.rpi.edu (Jodi Tsai) (09/08/90)

I'm looking for a way to have g++ setup so that it can cross compile
C++ code for VxWorks.  I've tried doing it myself, but I'm not sure
how to handle the intialization of global constructors which I assume
is being done in crt1+.c, I would appreciate any information
including newsgroups, mailing lists, or ftp sites on how to get g++
properly configured for VxWorks.

thanks,
jodi
--
Jodi Tsai

kelpie@tc.fluke.COM (Tony Garland) (09/13/90)

In article <X%?%~S=@rpi.edu>, tsai@venus.ral.rpi.edu (Jodi Tsai) writes:
> I'm looking for a way to have g++ setup so that it can cross compile
> C++ code for VxWorks.  I've tried doing it myself, but I'm not sure
> how to handle the intialization of global constructors which I assume
> is being done in crt1+.c, I would appreciate any information
> including newsgroups, mailing lists, or ftp sites on how to get g++
> properly configured for VxWorks.

    I am working in the same direction with VxWorks and have found
    the VxWorks User's Group to be of much value.  Others are successfully
    working using g++ with VxWorks (and you probably know that VxWorks
    will be releasing a remote debugger based upon gdb soon).

    The user's group operates through a voluntary central archival
    location using a mail robot.  Much of the software deals with
    ANSIfying VxWorks, making it work with g++, and some useful class
    examples (prioritized pipes, counting semaphores, etc.).  This
    includes code supporting the builtin operators new and delete.

Here's the scoop:

|    To get the basic information to get you started, send an email message
|    to the address:
|
|    vxworks_archive@ncar.ucar.edu
|
|    The subject can anything, but the body of the message must be:
|
|    send index
|
|    This will cause the server to email you the base index and help guide
|    for the server.

Here's more info:

rfg@NCD.COM (Ron Guilmette) (09/23/90)

In article <1990Sep13.153820.24310@tc.fluke.COM> kelpie@tc.fluke.COM (Tony Garland) writes:

>    The user's group operates through a voluntary central archival
>    location using a mail robot.  Much of the software deals with
>    ANSIfying VxWorks...

I hope that was done with Protoize!
--

// Ron Guilmette  -  C++ Entomologist