[comp.realtime] INFO REQUEST: QNX

jamaass@bluemoon.uucp (Jeffrey A. Maass) (10/17/90)

gerwitz@kodak.com (Paul Gerwitz) writes:

> Could anyone give me an address and/or phone number for the vendor who
> sells a system called QNX.  Sorry don't know much more than that.  Please	ema

Paul:

 The QNX OS is a product of:
   Quantum Software Systems, Ltd.
   175 Terrence Matthews Crescent
   Kanata, Ontario K2M 1W8
      CANADA
   (613) 591-0931

They'll be able to send a lot of infor for you, and a demo disk.

Kodak is a big user of QNX, by the way, and I saw a presentation on
it's use in a Kodak product (CLAS35 Film Printer) during a conference
in June 89. Presenter was Ann McCarthy, Senior Development Engineer.

We use QNX in a process control application, and it's a fantastic
OS, providing a fast, dependable, and flexible multi-tasking and
multi-user platform on PC/XT/AT type machines (8088 through 80486).
73,

Jeff Maass
Amateur Radio K8ND   (Packet Address K8ND @ W8CQK)
QTH: Near Columbus Ohio

lapp@hppad.HP.COM (David Lapp) (10/17/90)

QNX is a product of:

	Quantum Software Systems Ltd.
	175 Terrance Matthews Crs.
	Kanata, Ontario
	Canada
	K2M 1W8
	(613) 591-0931

They have been advertising in Byte (among others). See page 283 in the
June 1990 Byte for instance.

Hope that helps.

Dave Lapp
lapp@waterloo.hp.com	Neither I nor my employer endorse this product