[comp.realtime] VxWorks 5.0 & SCSI

cb1p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Chris Beasley) (11/15/90)

I am wondering what the status of version 5.0 is?
Does anyone know when it is REALLY going to come out?
Does anyone know what the status of the SCSI support will be?
We are planning to run a SyQuest removable SCSI disk off of an SBE CPU
carrying a Greensprings IP-SCSI module.  We are wondering if this will
work with 5.0's SCSI support or if we will have to write a device driver.
We are also wondering if this will be here in time.  If 5.0 will work but
won't be here until next year, we will have to find another solution.
Along the lines of other solutions, has anyone written a PD SCSI driver
that will work on this hardware combination?  We would even be willing
to shell out some $$ for a commercial product as this would be cheaper than
writing one ourselves.  This would, of course, have to be something that would
work under VxWorks 4.0.2.  Any help or info appreciated.

psm@manta.NOSC.MIL (Scot Mcintosh) (11/15/90)

In article <EbELCua00WB5IRA0M=@andrew.cmu.edu> cb1p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Chris Beasley) writes:

>I am wondering what the status of version 5.0 is?
>Does anyone know when it is REALLY going to come out?
>Does anyone know what the status of the SCSI support will be?

I talked to Wind River, and they claim 5.0 will be released this
week (week of Nov 11). Don't know about the SCSI, but I did ask
about the XLib stuff, and they said it won't be in the initial
release. They were going to get back to me about when it would
coming out, but haven't called yet. I'm not holding my breath.