[comp.realtime] Linker/Locator 8086/88/186/188

jhumphre@rucs2.sunlab.cs.runet.edu (Jeff Humphrey (Jeffus)) (02/13/91)

  I am in need of a locator for the 8086/88 80186/88 processor family
object code and like most college students I am short on cash.  Does
anyone out in net-land know where I can find a cheap (or public)
copy .... high quality is nice but not mandatory.

          Thanks guys and gals

  Some things matter /* and others don't */
  Jeff Humphrey @ Radford University Virginia

apn@Apple.COM (Alex Novickis) (02/22/91)

In article <1991Feb12.180523.1725@rucs2.sunlab.cs.runet.edu> jhumphre@rucs2.sunlab.cs.runet.edu (Jeff Humphrey (Jeffus)) writes:

>  I am in need of a locator for the 8086/88 80186/88 processor family
>object code and like most college students I am short on cash.  Does
>anyone out in net-land know where I can find a cheap (or public)
>copy .... high quality is nice but not mandatory.
>
>          Thanks guys and gals

>  Some things matter /* and others don't */
>  Jeff Humphrey @ Radford University Virginia

If your not as short on cash, I would recommend the product
from systems & Software called "Link & Locate ". If you are poor
then check back in the past issues of Dr. Dobbs. there was once published
a src and "theory of ops" for exe to absolute relocation.. all in C

--
Alex P. Novickis, Real Time systems demi-guru.  (W)   408-370-4541
ALINK:alex.n                                    (PAGE)    989-6678