[comp.realtime] Need a Signetics 68070 op sys

bleck@ai.mit.edu (Olaf Bleck) (02/26/91)

Does anyone know of a commercially available or freeware operating
system for the Signetics 68070?  We need to run some
realtime/multitasking stuff on a system on the MIT solar cars.

Please respond to both bleck@ai.mit.edu and lanzilot@athena.mit.edu

Thanks in advance!

Tear Here:
Olaf Bleck					bleck@ai.mit.edu
Research Scientist				617-253-0997
MIT Artificial Intelligence Lab
Mobile Robotics Group

rh2y+@andrew.cmu.edu (Russell E. Hoffman, II) (03/02/91)

OS9/68000 will run on the 68070, as is evidenced by the success of the
IMS MM/1 computer. The operating system is a real-time, multiuser,
multitasking OS made by Microware Systems Corporation. Their address is:

Microware Systems Corporation
1866 N.W. 114th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50322
(515) 224-1929

Talk to somebody there, they should be more than happy to help you.

Cheers,
Russell Hoffman
Carnegie Mellon University
rh2y+@andrew.cmu.edu

--------------------
Disclaimer:
I do not work for Microware Systems Corporation, I am just a very
satisfied customer!
--------------------

kgallagh@digi.lonestar.org (Kevin Gallagher) (03/03/91)

In article <13531@life.ai.mit.edu> bleck@ai.mit.edu (Olaf Bleck) writes:
>Does anyone know of a commercially available or freeware operating
>system for the Signetics 68070?  We need to run some
>realtime/multitasking stuff on a system on the MIT solar cars.

Try calling the Signetics BBS and post your query there.  The number is
(800)451-6644.

Kevin Gallagher        kgallagh@digi.lonestar.org OR ...!uunet!digi!kgallagh
DSC Communications Corporation   Addr: MS 152, 1000 Coit Rd, Plano, TX 75075

jax@well.sf.ca.us (Jack J. Woehr) (03/05/91)

bleck@ai.mit.edu (Olaf Bleck) writes:

>Does anyone know of a commercially available or freeware operating
>system for the Signetics 68070?  We need to run some
>realtime/multitasking stuff on a system on the MIT solar cars.

	Why not the best? Put Forth on your 68070 board! There are plenty
of 680x0 examples in PD/Shareware you can adapt to your requirements: some
of them you can download from my BBS, number in .sig below ..
--
 <jax@well.{UUCP,sf.ca.us} ><  Member, >        /// ///\\\    \\\  ///
 <well!jax@lll-winken.arpa >< X3J14 TC >       /// ///  \\\    \\\///