[comp.realtime] WANTED - TCP/IP Sources

dln@crosfield.co.uk (#dave norman) (06/14/91)

Hello

Appologies if I haven't posted to the correct group.

We need to implement TCP/IP inside an embedded system
running VRTX based on AMD 29000's - Gulp !.

Has anybody heard of a TCP/IP implementation running under VRTX ?
if so, where can I obtain the sources ?

Alternatively can anyone please direct me as to where I can get
the source code for a portable implementation of TCP/IP, so we can
do the job ourselves.

Any other tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Please contact me via e-mail with any replies

							Many thanks

							   Dave Norman

| Dave Norman                            | Phone :  +44 442 230000 ext 3354 |
| Crosfield Electronics Ltd              | Fax   :  +44 442 232301          |
| Three Cherry Trees Lane,               | email :  dln@crosfield.co.uk     |
| Hemel Hempstead, Herts. HP2 7RH, U.K.  |                                  |

miklg@sono.uucp (Michael Goldman ) (06/19/91)

dln@crosfield.co.uk (#dave norman) writes:

>We need to implement TCP/IP inside an embedded system
>running VRTX based on AMD 29000's - Gulp !.

>Alternatively can anyone please direct me as to where I can get
>the source code for a portable implementation of TCP/IP, so we can
>do the job ourselves.

>Any other tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.

TCP/IP is publicly available off the net, or from the University of
California at Berkeley in Berkeley, California.  The cost from
the UC is a media charge of $900 for a tape.  It will take you about a month
to get it.  Try contacting the Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Departments.  The telephone number for the EE dept. is 415-642-1042.  It
is in C, but it's a bit messy. (I mean the TCP/IP code, not the EE dept.
which I'm sure is quite neat!)

  Good luck.

>Please contact me via e-mail with any replies

Sorry, I seem to be able to post but not mail.
>							Many thanks
Many welcomes
>							   Dave Norman
  Michael Goldman