[comp.realtime] Laser Videodisc Recorder Comparisions

pfl@minerva.inesc.pt (Pedro Faria Lopes) (06/27/91)

In article <1991Jun19.160328.23991@hounix.uucp> wlarkin@hounix.uucp (Ward Larkin) writes:
>I'm looking for some informed opinions about the Panasonic TQ-3031F
>and the Sony LVR 5000A Laser Videodisc Recorders.
>I want to know feature comparisions between the two products.  For
>example, my understanding is that the Sony LVR 5000A has a broadcast
>quality encoder onboard.  Also, my understanding is that the audio and
>video dynamics of the TQ-3031F are superior.

I would like to add another question: how about sound recording? Is there
any LVR wich enables sound recording separatly from image recording so that
one could build the sound track after the images were recorded? I only
have the LVR 5000/6000 specs and I couldn't find an answer. I can only guess
that if you use only one laser beam it will record sound and image at the
same time, so the answer to my question would be no. But is there any one
who is sure about this subject?
Pedro Faria Lopes
--
Pedro Faria Lopes