[net.auto] Ahh those old American Clunkers!

psvv@houxg.UUCP (05/27/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site harpo.UUCP
Date:Fri, 27-May-83 09:47:48 EDT

	I might as well put in my two cents about those old dependable
	American cars from the mid sixties. I have a '66 Dodge Coronet
	with the "slant 6". It is finally starting to show signs of rust
	behind the rear wheels after 17 years! The only help it had was
	some undercoating, no "Rusty Jones" or "Zeibart".
	Its nice to be able to jump into an old car thats been kept up.
	No pollution devices, regular leaded gas, its easy to service.
	Theres only 120,000 miles on it so I think I'll fix the rust and
	keep it another 5 years. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy driving
	the new fancy high tech cars. I have a fuel injected Datsun
	200SX which is fun to drive. But there is another kind of kick
	one gets driving an old car that looks and runs good.