[net.auto] cheaper to keep her

dbg@ihldt.UUCP (05/27/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site mhuxt.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 5/26/83; site ihldt.UUCP
Date:Fri, 27-May-83 12:32:52 EDT
Organization:BTL Naperville, Il.

I agree the best deal going for transportation is the junker.  It
never ceases to amaze me the amount of engineering that went into
the junker that I could buy for a few hundred just because its
been used for a while.  The first "beater" I owned cost me $100
and I drove it all over the country - 100K miles plus.  That 283
chevy (64 impala) just wouldn't quit.  I still have a "work" car.
My new Supra is therefore classified as a pleasure car that is driven
only occaisionally.  The Supra insurance is $150/year (thanks to
numerous discounts -- alarms, multi-vehicle, etc).  The work car
costs more. (The motorcycle more still)  In a pinch I take the work
car (a couple of tons of American steel formed into a 75 Monte
Carlo).  I believe I'll always own a "work" car AND a fun car.

			ihldt!dbg
			Dave Green

p.s. My idea of a perfect radar detector is one that returns the
properly shifted echo to FAKE XXmph.