[net.auto] QQ vs. Commercial plates

parnass@ihuxf.UUCP (05/27/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site mhuxt.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 5/26/83; site ihuxf.UUCP
Date:Fri, 27-May-83 14:01:06 EDT
Organization:BTL Naperville, Il.

In reference to the following:

	I heard a complaint about the abuse of QQ plates in New Jersey.
Fine, I can understand people getting mad at that. But instead of
the QQ's, why not just register the car commercial??? They aren't
that much money, and it saves you the bother of taking a car
to the inspection station....

	I believe some states (e.g. New Jersey) prohibit vehicles with
	commercial plates from being driven on certain highways (e.g. Palisades
	Insterstate Parkway). Some towns forbid parking of commercial vehicles
	in certain areas. Thus, having commercial plates on your car may
        limit some of your options.

	   Robert S.Parnass
	   BTL - IH 1B-414
	   ihnp4!ihuxf!parnass

jeff@tesla.UUCP (05/30/83)

In New York City, it is forbidden to drive with commercial plates on the
FDR Drive.  There may be other places also, but that`S where I got MY ticket.
JF