[aus.comms] CALL FOR VOTES: COMP.COMPRESSION.

ross@spam.ua.oz.au (Ross Williams) (02/20/91)

CALL FOR VOTES FOR COMP.COMPRESSION
===================================
The proposal is to create a newsgroup as follows:

Newsgroup : comp.compression
Charter   : Discussions about data compression.
Status    : Unmoderated.

How to Vote
-----------
1. Votes must be posted to "ross@spam.ua.oz.au".
2. Votes must arrive before 16-Mar-1991 (Boston USA time).
3. Votes must contain exactly one of the following two strings:

   "I vote FOR     comp.compression."
   "I vote AGAINST comp.compression."

The exact string is not critical - I will tally votes manually.

Note: The newsgroup creation guidelines state that votes POSTED
      to a newsgroup do not count. Votes must be sent to me!

Timetable
---------
20-Feb-1991 Call for votes.
15-MAR-1991 VOTES ARRIVING LATER THAN THIS DATE WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
16-Mar-1991 Posting of vote tally. 5 day waiting period.
21-Mar-1991 Creation of comp.compression.

Ross Williams
ross@spam.ua.oz.au