[comp.sys.isis] ISIS V1.3 TAR image now available

ken@gvax.cs.cornell.edu (Ken Birman) (09/13/89)

The ISIS V1.3 TAR image can now be copied by any of you who would like
to switch to it.  I compiled and checked it out on the SUN 3 and 4, MIPS
machine, HPUX system, and on a VAX.

I haven't had time to fix the problem with "fork" hanging on Apollo UNIX
systems yet.  Hopefully, sometime later this week.

Unfortunately, to get this to compile on the MIPS, VAX and HP systems
I had to make some changes that temporarily broke the gcc type signatures
Robert just introduced.   It turns out that the C compilers on these
systems get sick when function arguments of type void * are referenced
or cast.  This should also be corrected by sometime next week.

osm@heifetz.ann-arbor.mi.us (Owen Scott Medd) (09/14/89)

In article <32053@cornell.UUCP> ken@cs.cornell.edu (Ken Birman) writes:
>The ISIS V1.3 TAR image can now be copied by any of you who would like
>to switch to it.  I compiled and checked it out on the SUN 3 and 4, MIPS
>machine, HPUX system, and on a VAX.

Is anyone working on a Dec3100 port of ISIS?  Will things translate
"cleanly" from the MIPS port making this trivial?

Owen
--
USMail:   M & S Associates, 628 Brooks, Ann Arbor, MI  48103
Phone:	  +1 313 761-6624	FAX:	+1 313 971-0804

ken@gvax.cs.cornell.edu (Ken Birman) (09/15/89)

In article <1989Sep14.144857.5842@heifetz.ann-arbor.mi.us>
   osm@heifetz.ann-arbor.mi.us (Owen Scott Medd) writes:

>Is anyone working on a Dec3100 port of ISIS?  Will things translate
>"cleanly" from the MIPS port making this trivial?
>
>Owen

The MIPS port will run without changes on a DEC3100; we tested
this version today and confirmed that ISISV1.3 is solid on it.
NASA has been running ISIS on DEC3100 systems for a few months,
as has the Cornell Graphics Laboratory.

As of today, I expect to make ISISV1.3 available again starting
early next week.  We fixed the HP problem and have the system
compiling again under gcc.  Right now, we are testing it out on
everything we can and fixing the Apollo UNIX problem.

Ken