[comp.sys.isis] bug in demos/twenty.c causes confusion

ken@gvax.cs.cornell.edu (Ken Birman) (06/04/90)

In the call to the ISIS "rexec" function, demos/twenty.c specifies
a user-id "isis" and password "nullpass".  V2.0 of rexec checks this
and does a setuid; since your system probably lacks an account with this
id/password it will print an error message.  I have no idea why twenty.c
passed these particular values; up to now rexec ignored these args.

See the rexec man page for full details on the new scheme.  I think
you change the arguments to 0 to get the messages to go away; in the
full bug list we will include a patch.

steig@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Mark J. Steiglitz) (06/05/90)

In article <41692@cornell.UUCP>, ken@gvax (Ken Birman) writes:
>See the rexec man page for full details on the new scheme.  I think
>you change the arguments to 0 to get the messages to go away;

Changing the arguments to null strings "" would be safer.
--
|Mark J. Steiglitz, 316 Thurston Ave. Apt. B14, Ithaca, NY 14850, 607-257-7319|
|Bitnet: steig@CRNLVAX5                                                       |