[comp.sys.isis] ISIS docs

wds@uarthur.UUCP (William D. Sheppard) (06/13/90)

I would like to request that the postscript documentation for ISIS v2.0
be split up into files less than 1 Meg. My postscipt printer is currently
unable to print anything larger than a Meg and I really could use the
updated docs.

Thanks
Bill Sheppard
World Bank
Washington DC

schang@netcom.UUCP (Sehyo Chang) (06/13/90)

In article <548@uarthur.UUCP> wds@uarthur.UUCP (William D. Sheppard) writes:
>I would like to request that the postscript documentation for ISIS v2.0
>be split up into files less than 1 Meg. My postscipt printer is currently
>unable to print anything larger than a Meg and I really could use the
>updated docs.
>
>Thanks
>Bill Sheppard
>World Bank
>Washington DC

Try to do 'lpr -s' instead of lpr.  The -s cause symbol link made between
printer spooler and spool files instead of try to duplicate print files.
This works fine on Sun4 or Sparc station, I don't know if similar thing
exists on other unix system.
--
Sehyo Chang						schang@netcom.uucp
Ascent Logic Corp.			  ucvbax!ames!claris!netcom!schang

rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch) (06/14/90)

BTW, are the diagrams available in postscript?  If so, could they be
made available in a separate file?

Thanks,
--
Ralph Finch			916-445-0088
rfinch@water.ca.gov		...ucbvax!ucdavis!caldwr!rfinch

ken@gvax.cs.cornell.edu (Ken Birman) (06/15/90)

In article <180@locke.water.ca.gov> rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch) writes:

>Are the diagrams available in postscript?  If so, could they be
>made available in a separate file?

The ISIS figures were done using dandelions under an extinct graphics
package that doesn't product postscript output.  A high priority is
to have my secretary redo these with something more reasonable.  However,
we are having trouble identifying a suitable package:
  1) Must run on SUN's under X11
  2) Must not cost a fortune
  3) Produces postscript output so we can include it into our latex

BTW, I just learned that the ISIS documentation some people ordered
was misprinted with the figures missing.  They should have been
pasted in when it went to the printer and instead seem to have been
left out and then stuck in at the last minute, unbound.

Sorry about this.  Our secretary had a serious health problem and the
new person just needs little time to setlle into the job.

Ken