[comp.sys.isis] Figures Missing in ISISV20-DOC

rajkumar@plains.UUCP (A. Joseph Rajkumar) (06/17/90)

I see that the problem has been discussed before, but let me try again.
I ftped the file ISISV20-DOC.dvi.Z, uncompressed it and ran it through
the dvips program on the NeXT cube. It came around 400 pages of
documentation, so I printed about 100 of them but alas, I did not
get any figures printed.

I would appreciate if somebody could tell me how to get the figures.
Well I also tried to ftp the ISISV20-DOC.ps.Z, but the next laser
printer ran wild and did not print anything. I tried to preview the
.ps file, but could not.

Thanks for your help, well I may have many more questions after
I try to get ISIS going on our sun3.

Joseph Rajkumar

email:- rajkumar@plains.NoDak.edu

ken@gvax.cs.cornell.edu (Ken Birman) (06/17/90)

In article <5053@plains.UUCP> rajkumar@plains.UUCP (A. Joseph Rajkumar) writes:
>I see that the problem has been discussed before, but let me try again.
>I ftped the file ISISV20-DOC.dvi.Z, uncompressed it and ran it through
>the dvips program on the NeXT cube. It came around 400 pages of
>documentation, so I printed about 100 of them but alas, I did not
>get any figures printed.

Well, the reply on this has been posted before too, but the deal is that
the figures are cut-and-paste because they were made on a Dandelion under
a XEROX drawing package.  We are planning to re-do them in postscript but
are still evaluating graphical editing systems (what do people think of
"idraw"?)

Meanwhile, figures are available in hard copy form, free.  Contact
reen@cs.cornell.edu and include your physical mail address, please.

Ken