[comp.sys.isis] ISISV21 distribution contains a junk file

ken@gvax.cs.cornell.edu (Ken Birman) (09/21/90)

> From: Gautam H Thaker <gthaker@42.21.decnet>
> Subject: man pages question

> In v2.1 distribution there is a directory
> ./isisv2.1/man that seems to have the right man
> entries (though doing   man isis    says entry
> has not changed since Feb 1986 which makes on
> wonder about being out of date?).

> In any event, there is also a file
> ./isisv2.1/ISISV21.TAR

> that contains many man pages. doing a "diff" indicates
> that things in ISISV21.TAR are redundant.

Thanks for pointing this out...

1) The man pages are believed to be up to date.  Tim Clark recently
went through the manual carefully and the man pages are normally updated
each time we change anything.  The date shown may not be meaningful on
man page entries, so the Feb. 1986 business is not important.

2) isisv2.1/ISISV21.TAR seems to be some sort of an accidental junk
file containing copies of a few man pages and nothing else.  You
should delete it and recover the 80k bytes or so it currently consumes.

Ken