In article <239@newhope.water.ca.gov> rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch) writes:

   From: rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.isis
   Date: 11 Oct 90 16:16:32 GMT

   Setup:  Sun 4, SunOS 4.1, Openwindows 2.0 (? - whatever the latest
   is).

   I can't get either the spreadsheet or the magic lantern utilities to
   work properly with the above setup.  They compile fine, and start up
   apparently normally, but when I pick a cell or box and try to type
   something nothing happens.  I suspect there is some glitch in
   Openwindows which causes this, and would like to know if others have
   experienced the same difficulty, and if so, did you fix it?
   --
   Ralph Finch			916-445-0088
   rfinch@water.ca.gov		...ucbvax!ucdavis!caldwr!rfinch

I noticed the problem also.  I suspect it is an input focus problem.
OpenWindows and its window manager, olwm, are ICCCM compliant which
requires the application to request input focus in a correct manner
in order to accept events from the keyboard.  The fix has been
mentioned in comp.windows.x a number of times and is, I believe, in
the OpenWindows documentation.

--
David Forslund
Advanced Computing Laboratory