[bionet.software] Your support needed!!

kristoff@NET.BIO.NET (Dave Kristofferson) (06/01/89)

I strongly recommend a YES vote on the following issue to create a
USENET newsgroup as outlined below.  The ANU-NEWS software is public
domain and can be used on VAX VMS systems to receive the BIOSCI
bulletins as well as many other newsgroups.  This alleviates the need
for people to clutter up their personal mail files with newsgroup
postings.  This proposed group is not part of BIOSCI but will be an
important resource for the dissemination of technical information
about the software which may be of importance to your systems
administrator should your site choose to utilize ANU-NEWS.  Please DO
NOT SEND your vote to this newsgroup but instead send it to one of the
addresses below:

sloane@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
sloane@ukanvax.bitnet
uunet!kuhub.cc.ukans.edu!sloane

"Thank you for your support!"

Dave "Bartles" Kristofferson

                ---------------

Date:         Wed, 31 May 89 17:18:00 CDT
Sender: ANU-NEWS Discussion <ANU-NEWS@vm1.nodak.edu>
From: Bob Sloane <SLOANE@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>
Subject:      CALL FOR VOTES: News group news.software.anu-news
To: Multiple recipients of list ANU-NEWS <ANU-NEWS@NDSUVM1>

I just posted the following to news.groups.  I hope everyone on the list will
mail me a vote.

-- Bob Sloane.
Hi All,

On May 16, 1989 I posted a CALL FOR DISCUSSION concerning the creation
of a news group devoted to the discussion of the News reading/posting
software written by Geoff Huston of the Australian National
University. All of the replies I have seen have been positive, so I am
now calling for votes for or against the creation of the group.

The proposed group would be named news.software.anu-news and would be
unmoderated. The purpose of the group will be to discuss the VAX/VMS
ANU-NEWS package written by Geoff Huston.  Appropriate postings might
include questions, comments, bug fixes or other material related to
ANU-NEWS.

Voting will commence immediately, and will continue until 17:00,
June 30, 1989.  Please email all votes to one of the addresses:

sloane@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
sloane@ukanvax.bitnet
uunet!kuhub.cc.ukans.edu!sloane

Please state clearly YES, I think this group should be created, or NO,
I think this group should NOT be created. I will try to respond to
all votes, but I will be out of town from June 10 thru June 16. Posted
votes will NOT be accepted.