[bionet.software] "need ligand binding software"

ltaylor@ZENO.MMWB.UCSF.EDU (07/22/89)

	I have a user looking for ligand
binding software for plotting enzyme
kinetics or binding studies in general.
The NIH used to keep a set, but that was
many years ago and I expect there are friendlier
macintosh and pc versions available now.

	If you can, please send me the address
(email or otherwise) of a source of such
software.  ibmpc software would be best for him,
but macintosh or unix software would serve also.

Thanks,
Leslie Taylor
ltaylor@cgl.ucsf.edu

eddy@stjude.org (Pat Eddy) (07/24/89)

In article <8907212259.AA11851@voltaire.mmwb.ucsf.edu>, ltaylor@ZENO.MMWB.UCSF.EDU writes:
> 	I have a user looking for ligand
> binding software for plotting enzyme
> kinetics or binding studies in general.
> The NIH used to keep a set, but that was
> many years ago and I expect there are friendlier
> macintosh and pc versions available now.

  The NIH program LIGAND by Peter J. Munson and David Rodbard will run on
  on an IBM PC/XT or AT. It will run with or without a math coprocessor, but
  it does require a graphis adapter. I haven't tried it on a PC but the
  users manual says that it will work. In case you can't find a friendly
  one out there somewhere here is the address to order LIGAND. They may
  be able to give you more information.

     LIGAND:        Peter J. Munson
                    Laboratory of Theoretical and Physical Biology
                    National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
                    National Institutes of Health
                    Bethesda, MD  20892

--

                                   Sincerely,

                                   Patricia Eddy
 Internet address:   eddy@STJUDE.ORG
 From BITNET     :   eddy%stjude.org@net.bio.net
 Address         :   St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
                     Molecular Biology Computer Facility
                     332 N. Lauderdale
                     Memphis, TN  38101  USA