[bionet.software] Computational simulation of DNA melting

launce@apollo.med.utah.edu (Launce Gouw) (09/12/90)

We're trying to get ahold of a program that predicts melting/denaturing
conditions for DNA molecules of known sequence.  In particular, we'd like the
package of programs described by LS Lerman and K Silverstien in
Met. Enzymol. 155: 482-501.   We're interested in doing the denaturing gradientgel electrophoresis analysis as described by Myers, Maniatis and Lerman in the article following the one I've just mentioned.  Stuff looks great, but those
guys never left an address where they could be reached.  Is it freeware?  If
not, how much is it? Can we get it thru an FTP site? Any info would be much
appreciated.

	Thanks v. much in advance,

	L. Gouw
	Dept. of Human Genetics
	Univ. of Utah School of Medicine
	Salt Lake City, UT 84132 USA

launce@apollo.med.utah.edu (Launce Gouw) (09/13/90)

   Newsgroups: bionet.software
   From: launce@apollo.med.utah.edu (Launce Gouw)
   Sender: news@linkers.med.utah.edu (Netnews owner)
   Date: 11 Sep 90 13:37:01

   We're trying to get ahold of a program that predicts melting/denaturing
   conditions for DNA molecules of known sequence.  In particular, we'd like
   the package of programs described by LS Lerman and K Silverstien in
   Met. Enzymol. 155: 482-501.   We're interested in doing the denaturing
   gradient gel electrophoresis analysis as described by Myers, Maniatis and
   Lerman in the article following the one I've just mentioned. Stuff looks
   great, but those guys never left an address where they could be reached.  Is   it freeware?  If not, how much is it? Can we get it thru an FTP site?
   Any info would be much appreciated.

	   Thanks v. much in advance,

	   L. Gouw
	   Dept. of Human Genetics
	   Univ. of Utah School of Medicine
	   Salt Lake City, UT 84132 USA

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the names of the programs.  They are: MELT, MU
and SQHTX

	Thanks again.